It will soon be time to start collecting data.
=== The surveys have NOT gone out yet. ===
We will be sending them out beginning NEXT WEEK! I will be posting another update with more pics of the Babes that are done at this point between now and then. This will give you an idea of what to expect from the other pieces not yet completed. That way we can go ahead and start scheduling our production runs.
Keri turned in the final art for Dusty!
Bearing in mind that there are lots of other things to do in addition to sculpting the Babes themselves, I was able to knock out some of this side work and get that wrapped up. There is still a lot of lead time on some of the digital and resin pieces that will require printing and silicon molding. In order to accommodate that I have finished these up first in order to get those off to the contract casters.
Here are the Sidekicks that are finished so far.
As posted previously, I made a 3D sprue for the base tabs on the figures with the Bombshell imprint. This file has been printed by the vendor and it will be going to mold next week to test the viability of the printing resin in the vulcan molds.
The base accessories have been completed and are off to the caster. Here are some shots of the ammo base insert in progress.
I needed to also make a couple of larger base inserts for The Atomic Punks creature and Shunkaha.
The next batch of digital files will include Maelee's wrench and Sally's rocket pack. This will allow me to put the parts together for the Sci-Fi sprue and have that mastered.
There are still some details to add on the rocket pack. So far I've learned a fantastic amount about ZBrush. All of these skills will come into play next in putting the HS38 Rocket Bike together. Once these parts are printed they will be going off to Valiant for molding.
Many of you are aware that over the holiday weekend our male cat Shas'tan had a medical emergency requiring hospitalization. We brought him home today and he's finally eating and passing fluids properly. Thank you for all your well-wishes as we endured this traumatic time.
Due to both the holiday and our family emergency, I was not able to complete the pieces and get them out to Reaper for molding as expected. Over the next few days I will be playing catch-up at the workbench and posting new pics of what I can before we start sending the surveys. If all goes expected, we should be making our first masters later in the coming week.